Persian Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
ready in:1 hour
A twist on roasted butternut squash soup, using Persian inspired spices like cinnamon, cardamom, cumin and dried rose petals.
- 3 lb 3 lb 3 lb Butternut Squash, peeled, de-seeded, cut into cubes
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, sliced into half moons
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp Rose Petals, to garnish
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Cumin, ground
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Cardamom Seed, ground
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 4 cup 4 cup 4 cup Free Range, Low Sodium) Chicken Broth (Organic
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt, to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 425F/220C.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add your cubed butternut squash, cinnamon, nutmeg, dried rose petals, cumin and cardamom. Toss to coat.
- Pour the seasoned butternut squash into the lined baking dish and pour over the melted coconut oil.
- Bake for 45-50 mins or until the butternut squash is tender.
- While the butternut squash is baking, heat the grass-fed butter in a skillet.
- Cook the sliced onion on a low heat, making sure to stir frequently until turning golden and softened.
- Once the butternut squash is done, remove from the oven.
- Blend butternut squash, onions and chicken broth until smooth.
- Stir in your heavy cream or full-fat coconut milk.
- Taste and add sea salt as desired.
- To serve, sprinkle some more dried rose petals on top.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.