Persian Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
A twist on roasted butternut squash soup, using Persian inspired spices like cinnamon, cardamom, cumin and dried rose petals.
Serves: 2Serves: 2
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 425F/220C.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add your cubed butternut squash, cinnamon, nutmeg, dried rose petals, cumin and cardamom. Toss to coat.
- Pour the seasoned butternut squash into the lined baking dish and pour over the melted coconut oil.
- Bake for 45-50 mins or until the butternut squash is tender.
- While the butternut squash is baking, heat the grass-fed butter in a skillet.
- Cook the sliced onion on a low heat, making sure to stir frequently until turning golden and softened.
- Once the butternut squash is done, remove from the oven.
- Blend butternut squash, onions and chicken broth until smooth.
- Stir in your heavy cream or full-fat coconut milk.
- Taste and add sea salt as desired.
- To serve, sprinkle some more dried rose petals on top.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
8 made this
Ready in 1 hour and 30 minutes
3 made this
Ready in 6 hours to 8 hours
5 made this
Ready in 1 hour and 45 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel