Paleo Thanksgiving Sweet Potato Casserole
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Sweet Potato, Large, peeled and chopped into 1/2" pieces (about 8 cups)
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Milk
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Pastured Eggs
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, Melted, + 1/2 cup softened
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup, + 1/3 cup
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie Spice, + 1 tsp
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Pecans, chopped
- 2/3 cup 2/3 cup 2/3 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- For the casserole: Fill a pot with about 2" of water, and steam chopped potatoes in a steamer basket until mushy (this took about 30 minutes for me).
- When the chopped sweet potatoes are done, move them out of the steamer pot and into a food processor. Blend until smooth and then scoop into a large mixing bowl.
- Using a spoon or whisk, mix in eggs, coconut milk, 4 tbsp of melted butter, 3 tbsp maple syrup, vanilla, salt, and 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour into a 9x13 casserole dish, scraping out all the yummy bits with a spatula. Smooth the top.
- For the topping: Mix the pecans, almond flour, 1/3 cup maple syrup, and 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice in a bowl. Cut in the 1/2 cup of softened butter.
- Using your hands, gently sprinkle and spread topping over the sweet potato mixture, trying to cover the whole surface.
- Place casserole dish in the oven and bake for about 55 minutes.
Makes 1 full 9x13 casserole dish.