Paleo Stuffed Avocado
ready in:5 minutes
Stuffed avocados are quick to prepare, sating and low in carbs. I use all kinds of different fillings and this one is my favourite! This recipe includes three super foods: avocado, turmeric and sardines.
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Avocado, average
- 3.2 oz 3.2 oz 3.2 oz canned Sardines, drained
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise (click for recipe)
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Spring Onion, medium, chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Turmeric, fresh, grated (or 1/4 tsp turmeric powder)
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt, pink Himalayan or sea salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Halve the avocado and remove the seed. Drain the sardines and place them in a bowl.
- Scoop the middle of the avocado out leaving 1/2 - 1 inch of the avocado flesh. Add finely sliced spring onion (or chives) and freshly grated turmeric root (or dried turmeric powder). Add mayonnaise (sugar-free, best when home-made) and mix in well.
- Add the scooped avocado flesh and mash into desired consistency. Squeeze in fresh lemon juice and season with salt.
- Scoop the avocado mixture into each avocado halve and enjoy!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.