Paleo Pumpkin Spice Fudge
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Organic Coconut Butter
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 - 3 Tbsp 2 - 3 Tbsp 2 - 3 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp ground Ginger
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch ground Nutmeg, Optional for decorating; freshly grated
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch ground Cloves
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch ground Allspice
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- If you are making your own coconut butter, prepare it first. Put 4 cups of shredded coconut into a high-speed blender, and blend on high until a paste is formed. The paste should be mostly smooth, buttery, and liquid. (Don't eat it all right now). If you are using store-bought coconut butter, heat it gently until it liquifies.
- Pour 1/2 of the coconut butter (about half a cup) into a small mixing bowl. Move quickly, especially if it's cold in your kitchen. Whisk in the pumpkin, spices, honey, and salt.*
- Shape the mixture into miniature muffin cups (liners) or a candy mold, leaving about a 1/4 in of space at the top of each cup/mold. Pour the plain coconut butter, still in your blender, over each of the candies for the white coating. Sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg.
- Place mold in fridge until solid (15-20 minutes is plenty). Enjoy! Store in airtight container in a cool place. (Coconut butter melts at around 76 F.)
*Note: If you're like me, you probably got to step two and thought, "I'm just going to put it all in the blender at once!". I tried, and I don't recommend it. If you put water-based ingredients in the blender with the coconut shreds, they will not turn into the smooth cream butter you want, and will congeal into a clumpy mess. Butter first. Pumpkin second.