Paleo Pumpkin Scones
- 2.5 cups 2.5 cups 2.5 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Arrowroot Powder
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp ground Nutmeg
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp ground Ginger
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp ground Cloves
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Sea Salt
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup, + 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips, optional
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Butter, melted
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Organic Coconut Oil, melted, + 1 Tbsp melted
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Coconut Flour
- 3 oz 3 oz 3 oz Dark Chocolate, broken into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk flour and spices together in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles small crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, egg, 3 tablespoons maple syrup and vanilla. Pour into butter mixture and stir gently until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips if desired. The dough will be sticky.
- Line a flat, hard surface with parchment paper. Press dough onto the paper in a large rectangle. Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut the rectangle into squares, then cut each square diagonally to form 16 triangles. Use a spatula to gentle move each triangle apart from each other (they will loose some shape) or bake as is and cut again if needed to separate before serving.
- Move parchment paper onto a cookie sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Rotate the cookie sheet halfway through to help with even baking.
- While the scones are baking, prepare the glaze of your choice (Maple or Chocolate) or cut the recipes in half and do some of both!
- When scones are finished baking, let cool slightly then drizzle or spread the desired glaze on top. Serve and enjoy!
- To make the maple glaze, whisk together the coconut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and coconut flour. If the glaze is too thin, refrigerate for a few minutes until the desired consistency is reached.
- To make the chocolate glaze, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler.
- Remove from heat. Cool for a few minutes before drizzling over scones.
I recommend Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips for the scones.