Paleo Pot Roast
cook:1 hour and 30 minutes
ready in:1 hour and 35 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 2
- Calories: 2005
- Total Fat: 47g
- Total Carbohydrate: 0g
- Protein: 189g
With a short amount of time devoted to preparing this Paleo Pot Roast recipe, the oven will take care of the rest of the cooking for you.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 275 F.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Salt and pepper the chuck roast and brown on all sides; transfer to a plate.
- Add onions and toss until lightly browned, 3-5 minutes. Remove from pan and add carrots, water and grapefruit juice plus 2 pinches of sea salt.
- Scrape the beef bits from bottom of the pan and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Add onions to a deep baking dish, spoon carrots in with onions and add fresh dill. Add meat on top along with pan juices.
- Cover and roast for 2 hours.
- Slice and serve. (Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator.)
Olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper to taste.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.