Paleo Pot Roast
With a short amount of time devoted to preparing this Paleo Pot Roast recipe, the oven will take care of the rest of the cooking for you.
Serves: 2Serves: 2
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 275 F.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Salt and pepper the chuck roast and brown on all sides; transfer to a plate.
- Add onions and toss until lightly browned, 3-5 minutes. Remove from pan and add carrots, water and grapefruit juice plus 2 pinches of sea salt.
- Scrape the beef bits from bottom of the pan and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Add onions to a deep baking dish, spoon carrots in with onions and add fresh dill. Add meat on top along with pan juices.
- Cover and roast for 2 hours.
- Slice and serve. (Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator.)
Olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper to taste.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
12 made this
Ready in 1 hour and 20 minutes
6 made this
Ready in 28 minutes
2 made this
Ready in 3 hours and 20 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel