Paella is widely regarded as a Spanish dish, though it is truly a regional dish to Valencia. This particular version is called "Paella Mixta," (literally meaning "mixture) which has a combination of chicken and shrimp. Enjoy this exotic dish to spice up any weeknight meal!
Serves: 2Serves: 2
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Raw Carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 1 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 1 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, smashed
- 1/2 lb 1/2 lb 1/2 lb Skinless Chicken Breast, boneless, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 lb 1/2 lb 1/2 lb Raw Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 pieces 4 pieces 4 pieces Saffron
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Chipotle Powder
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Parsley, 1 handful flat leaf, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Turmeric
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Using a box grater or food processor, shred the cauliflower florets into a rice-like texture.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat the ghee over medium heat.
- Add the carrot, red bell pepper, and onion to the Dutch oven, and sauté until the veggies have softened.
- Add the smashed garlic cloves to the Dutch oven along with the chicken breasts. Continue to sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the Dutch oven, and sauté until the shrimp is no longer translucent.
- Season with the saffron, turmeric, smoked paprika, and chipotle powder, stirring to make sure the seasonings are evenly distributed.
- Add the riced cauliflower to the pot, and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper, and add the parsley. Continue to cook while stirring until the cauliflower has softened.
- Garnish with extra parsley if desired, and serve.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
2 made this
Ready in 3 hours and 30 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 40 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 20 minutes, plus 5 hours
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel