ready in:40 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 575
- Total Fat: 18g
- Total Carbohydrate: 2g
- Protein: 100g
Paella is widely regarded as a Spanish dish, though it is truly a regional dish to Valencia. This particular version is called "Paella Mixta," (literally meaning "mixture) which has a combination of chicken and shrimp. Enjoy this exotic dish to spice up any weeknight meal!
- 1 head 1 head Cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1 whole 1 whole Carrot, Raw, peeled and diced
- 1 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, smashed
- 1/2 lb 1/2 lb Chicken Breast, Skinless, boneless, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 lb 1/2 lb Shrimp, Raw, peeled and deveined
- 4 pieces 4 pieces Saffron
- 2 tsp 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Chipotle Powder
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch 1 bunch Parsley, 1 handful flat leaf, plus extra for garnish
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Using a box grater or food processor, shred the cauliflower florets into a rice-like texture.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat the ghee over medium heat.
- Add the carrot, red bell pepper, and onion to the Dutch oven, and sauté until the veggies have softened.
- Add the smashed garlic cloves to the Dutch oven along with the chicken breasts. Continue to sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the Dutch oven, and sauté until the shrimp is no longer translucent.
- Season with the saffron, turmeric, smoked paprika, and chipotle powder, stirring to make sure the seasonings are evenly distributed.
- Add the riced cauliflower to the pot, and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper, and add the parsley. Continue to cook while stirring until the cauliflower has softened.
- Garnish with extra parsley if desired, and serve.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.