Paleo-la (aka Grain-Free Granola)
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Organic Walnuts
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Almonds
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp ground Cinnamon
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Almond Butter
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Raw Honey, or maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with a nonstick pad, parchment paper, or tinfoil coated with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the S attachment, pulse the nuts and seeds 5-6 times until broken down into bite-sided and smaller pieces.
- Transfer the nuts/seeds to a large mixing bowl and toss with the coconut, salt and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, combine the almond butter, honey (or maple syrup) and coconut oil. Stir to combine.
- Pour the honey/nut butter/oil mixture over the nut mixture and stir until it is all evenly combined. You may need to use your hands to make sure all of the wet ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour the granola onto the prepared pan and press firmly into an even layer, about 1/2" thick.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until golden brown. The longer baking time will yield crisper granola and vice versa.
- Allow to cool completely on the pan before serving or storing in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
If you are having trouble mixing the honey and almond butter together, heat it in the microwave (make sure you are using a heatproof bowl) for 15-30 seconds until softened. For extra texture and sweetness, you can toss the cooked and cooled granola with about 1/2-3/4 of a cup of your dried fruit of choice.