Paleo Hash Browns
These paleo hash browns are the key piece you are missing to make a classic breakfast on the paleo diet. There is nothing that defines the all american breakfast like a couple of eggs over easy, a side of bacon or sausage and some hash browns. These are made with green plantains and they fry up crisp and delicious just like regular potato hash browns.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Start by peeling your plantains and shredding them with a grater for a classic hash brown.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add your avocado oil.
- When the pan is good and hot, toss in the shredded plantains and spread them out in a thin layer. Add salt and pepper to your tasting and cook on one side about 5-7 minutes, until the plantains have developed a golden brown crust and slide around easily in the pan.
- Use a spatula to flip the hash browns over to the other side. Season with salt and pepper to taste on this side and cook another 5-7 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy these great paleo hash browns.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.