Paleo Ginger Spiced Pear Muffins
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Williams Pear, small ones are best (seckel)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, can use coconut butter as well
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp ground Ginger
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp ground Cinnamon
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Sparkling Water, I used club soda or zevia ginger ale
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Granulated Honey, (plus 1 TBSP used separately)
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Almond Meal/Flour
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Potato Starch
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Flour
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Pumpkin Seeds, or a nut/seed blend
- 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp Baking Soda
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- First, skin your pears and chop into pieces. Place in bowl and mix in melted butter, ginger ale or club soda, 1 tbsp honey. Let that soak.
- In another bowl, combine your eggs and spices. Beat until fluffy. Then gradually fold in your flours and nuts and mix together. Add in your pear and ginger mixture plus the extra 1/4 cup honey. Mix again.
- Pour batter into oiled muffins cups and bake on center rack at 350F for 22-25 minutes or until muffins are golden brown. Let them cool and top with more cinnamon.
- Makes 10-12 muffins
- Optional --> for more sweetness - 1/3 cup baking stevia or more maple syrup
I used larabar RENOLA in the mix as well. Feel free to mix in any other paleo trail mix. Be sure to buy small pears that are extra ripe!