Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Whisk egg yolks using a stand mixer or hand mixer on high speed until they lighten in color.
- Slowly mix in coconut nectar.
- Add vanilla extract coconut milk and grated nutmeg and mix well.
- Add mixture to a medium saucepan and heat on medium low.
- Add cinnamon stick to mixture and allow to steep. This will enhance the egg nog slightly with some cinnamon flavor.
- Stir mixture frequently and allow to thicken. You don’t want to rush this process or you’ll end up with scrambled egg nog. Cooking is finished when egg nog coats the back of the spoon.
- When finished, remove saucepan from heat and allow egg nog to cool.
- Remove cinnamon stick and refrigerate. Serve chilled by itself or with the option of an ounce or two of your favorite holiday spirit.
For a more traditional variation of this, you can substitute the coconut milk with heavy cream.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.