Paleo Cauliflower Chicken Chowder
- 4 pieces 4 pieces 4 pieces Bacon, diced
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Celery, diced
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 4 cup 4 cup 4 cup free range, organic Chicken Stock
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 sprig 1 sprig 1 sprig Bay Leaf
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Whole Chicken, skin removed and meat shredded
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in cauliflower and bay leaf. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk in arrowroot until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in chicken broth and coconut milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower are tender, about 12-15 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. If the chowder is too thick, add more milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish with bacon, avocado and parsley, if desired.
Use a precooked Organic Rotissaire Chicken. You can freeze soup. If you are going to freeze, do NOT add bacon or avocado.