Oven Roast Chicken with Truffle Salt and Thyme
Serves: 4Serves: 4
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Rinse chicken under cool water including the body cavity.
- Pat dry thoroughly, including the body cavity.
- Massage melted duck fat over the entire chicken including the body cavity.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan.
- Carefully lift the skin of the chicken on the breast side, and rub duck fat over the entire breast.
- Stuff the body cavity with a fist of garlic and fresh thyme.
- Sprinkle the chicken with truffle salt on all sides.
- Sprinkle the chicken with pepper on all sides.
- Roast chicken 25 minutes per pound, or until it reaches 165 in the breast, and be sure to baste with pan drippings toward the end of roasting.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
3 made this
Ready in 50 minutes
5 made this
Ready in 2 hours
6 made this
Ready in 10 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel