Oven Roast Chicken with Truffle Salt and Thyme
cook:25 minutes per pound
ready in:20 minutes, plus 25 minutes per pound
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 61
- Total Fat: 6g
- Total Carbohydrate: 1g
- Protein: 0g
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Rinse chicken under cool water including the body cavity.
- Pat dry thoroughly, including the body cavity.
- Massage melted duck fat over the entire chicken including the body cavity.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan.
- Carefully lift the skin of the chicken on the breast side, and rub duck fat over the entire breast.
- Stuff the body cavity with a fist of garlic and fresh thyme.
- Sprinkle the chicken with truffle salt on all sides.
- Sprinkle the chicken with pepper on all sides.
- Roast chicken 25 minutes per pound, or until it reaches 165 in the breast, and be sure to baste with pan drippings toward the end of roasting.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.