Orange Raspberry Muffins
A muffin with a coffee cake base, orange zest and juice for added flavor, and some fresh raspberries for a pop of color and zing of flavor. Then a topping added for a bit of crunch and fun! See a short, no-speaking video tutorial on the original post.
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Blanched Almond Flour, for the topping
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Baking Soda
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Eggs
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening, divided (.25 melted for muffin, .25 for topping)
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Raw Honey
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Orange, zest and juice of
- 6 oz 6 oz 6 oz Organic Raspberries, fresh or frozen
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Coconut Sugar, for the topping
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a 12-cup muffin tin with wrappers.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, sea salt, and orange zest.
- To a large bowl add the eggs, shortening, honey, vanilla extract, and orange juice. Using a hand or stand mixer, mix the wet ingredients on medium speed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined.
- Fold in the raspberries.
- Scoop into the prepared muffin tin.
- To make the topping, mix the shortening and coconut sugar in a medium bowl (I like to use the hand mixer for this, but you can do it by hand as well). Then add the almond flour and stir until incorporated. Using your hands, sprinkle the mixture over the muffins, breaking the mixture up as you go.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.