Orange-Basil Chicken | Bacon-Apple Sliders
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb boneless skinless Chicken Thigh, cooked and shredded
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Granny Smith Apple
- 8 pieces 8 pieces 8 pieces Raw Bacon
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Arugula
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Orange Zest
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp fresh Basil, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Orange Juice
- Core the apples. Leaving the skin on, slice apples into rounds about u00bc inch thick. You should be able to get 4 rounds per apple to make 8 slider u201cbunsu201d total.
- Wrap 1 slice of bacon around each apple slice ensuring it is covered as much as possible.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes, "seam"-side down on medium heat until browned then flip gently and cook other side for 3 minutes until browned. Drain on paper towels while you prepare the dressing.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients. In a medium bowl, toss chicken, dressing, and arugula until evenly coated.
- Arrange sandwiches by topping each apple slice with a mound of dressed shredded chicken & arugula. The arugula should wilt slightly from the warm chicken.
Served best warm! Can be reheated in oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.