One Pot Savory Chicken and Fall Produce
This One Pot Savory Chicken is loaded with fall produce to deliver a healthy and nutritious meal that takes minimal work and less cleanup.
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Whole Chicken
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt and Pepper
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, chopped
- 2 clove 2 clove 2 clove Garlic, minced
- .5 lb .5 lb .5 lb White Mushrooms
- 3 pieces 3 pieces 3 pieces Bacon, cut into 1/4" pieces
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 sprig 2 sprig 2 sprig fresh Rosemary
- 2 sprig 2 sprig 2 sprig fresh Thyme
- 2 sprig 2 sprig 2 sprig Sage
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Water
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup Sweet Potato, cut into 1" pieces
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup Butternut Squash, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Gala Apple, cored, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Chop sage, thyme and rosemary. Add to 3 T. butter with freshly cracked salt and pepper.
- Rub all over chicken on both sides and set aside.
- Preheat the dutch oven on the stove top over medium heat.
- Add the bacon, onions, mushrooms, and garlic to the pot and cook until onions are translucent and bacon is crisp.
- Remove the bacon and vegetable mixture from the pan and set aside.
- Raise the heat and add the chicken in the pot, ensuring both sides are brown. Saute in two batches to avoid overcrowding.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside
- Pour off excess fat and deglaze the pane with red wine vinegar and water.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Return the bacon, mushroom and onion mixture to the pot and mix in the potatoes, squash and apples.
- Place the chicken on top of the vegetables and cover.
- Place in oven preheated to 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until the chicken and vegetables are cooked through.
- Garnish with additional rosemary.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.