Nutty Paleo Granola
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Pecans, chopped
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Organic Walnuts, chopped
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Hazelnut, chopped
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup shredded Coconut
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Slivered Almonds
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg Whites
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Set oven to 150 C (300 F).
- Combine all the nuts, seeds and coconut in a bowl and mix well. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs white, vanilla bean/extract, coconut oil, sea salt and honey until it becomes slightly fluffy.
- Pour egg white and coconut oil mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well (don't be afraid to use your hands to make sure all the nut mixture is covered.
- Spread out the granola mixture in a semi thin layer on a piece of non stick parchment (note: it is important that the mixture is somewhat even in thickness as this will prevent certain areas from burning while other parts coming out too soft).
- Place the granola in the middle of the oven and bake at 150 C for 7-10 minutes until the granola is golden brown and fragrant.
- Remove from oven and turn the granola over to ensure all of it gets cooked.
- Bake for another 4-7 minutes until all the granola is golden brown in colour. Make sure to keep a close eye on it during the last minutes to prevent it from overcooking.
- Remove from oven again and leave to cool completely before breaking apart the larger pieces of granola to the size you want.
Keeps well stored in a cool dry place in an airtight container.