Nellie’s Apple Crisp
cook:40 minutes to 50 minutes
- 6 1/2 whole 6 1/2 whole 6 1/2 whole Granny Smith Apple
- 1 1 1 Lemon, juice
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Almond Meal/Flour
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Flax Seed Meal
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Organic Walnuts, chopped
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Peel and chop apples and place in a cooking dish.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the apples.
- Cover apples with ground cinnamon.
- Toss apples with lemon and cinnamon until the cinnamon is evenly distributed over all the chopped apples.
- In a mixing bowl, combine blanched almond flour and flax seed meal.
- Add in cinnamon and nutmeg, and mix with a spoon.
- Add in coconut oil and pure maple syrup, and mix again until evenly combined.
- Preheat oven to 3509.
- Cover apples with topping and place in oven.
- Bake apples for 40-50 minutes or until apples are soft, and topping is crunchy.
- When the crisp is just about finished add the chopped walnuts and bake for remaining time (5-10 minutes is ideal).The walnuts will burn if you bake them with the rest of the dish. You want them to be slightly toasted.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.