This is a kick-butt recipe I stole from my grandma and made Paleo-friendly. Enjoy over steamed vegetables or cauliflower rice.
- 1.5 lb 1.5 lb 1.5 lb boneless skinless Chicken Thigh
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup red Wine, A medium-dry sherry
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Raw Honey
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Thyme, ground
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, pressed
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 whole 8 whole 8 whole Prunes (dried plums), pitted
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Apricots, halved
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Whisk together the liquid aminos, sherry, lemon juice, honey, garlic and the remaining spices. Place the marinade with the chicken pieces into a resealable bag, and marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken pieces in the oil until browned on all sides.
- Sprinkle the chicken with dried prunes and apricots, and pour the remaining marinade into the skillet. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Uncover the skillet and simmer until the sauce looks slightly thickened. This will take another 10-12 minutes.
- An instant-read digital thermometer should read around 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve over sea kelp noodles, spiralized veggies or cauliflower rice. Whatever you want!!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.