Molten Lava Cakes for Two
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips, I used Enjoy Life Semisweet Chocolate Chunks
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening, Plus more for greasing (sub butter or ghee)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Milk, Lite Coconut Milk or Heavy Cream
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder, sub tapioca starch
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Cocoa Powder
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Baking Soda
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prep the ramekins by greasing them with your cooking fat.
- Over a double boiler, add the chocolate chips, palm shortening/ghee/butter, honey, vanilla, and coconut milk. Allow the chocolate and fat to melt, whisk occasionally until you have a nice smooth batter and remove from the heat immediately. The batter should be a bit warm - if it is hot allow it to cool before proceeding.
- Whisk in the egg until smooth. Add the remaining dry ingredients. Whisk until smooth (there may be a few air bubbles in the batter, but that's okay).
- Evenly divide the batter between the two ramekins. Place the ramekins inside the baking dish. (We are creating a steam bath!) Carefully pour in the baking dish enough water to create a 1 inch deep pool of water around the ramekins.
- Carefully place the dish in the preheated oven. Bake for 20-21 minutes - just until the cakes have risen and have a nice rounded top (in my oven 20 min was quite gooey, while 21 minutes was perfect). The sides should be bouncy and the center soft to touch. Avoid opening the oven for at least 14-15 minutes to check on the cakes.
- Carefully remove from the oven, and then carefully remove the ramekins from the steam bath. Place the ramekins on plates and serve!
These would be great with some vanilla ice cream!