Mint Chocolate Tarts
Stored and served cool, these were inspired by Hail Merry brand Miracle Tarts and are just as tasty! Great for a small rich treat.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Keep ingredients separate in listed measurements above.
- Mix almond meal, 1/4 cup cacao powder, 1/4 cup maple syrup, 1/4 cup coconut oil and sea salt in a bowl. This is your crust mixture. The final product will seem a bit too liquid, but I promise the coconut oil will firm it up in a minute.
- Divide crust mixture among 4 tart molds (or cupcake tins). Press it along the sides so that a bowl shape is formed. Place in the freezer while you make the ganache.
- Mix all remaining ingredients together in another bowl. These will be even more liquid than the crust mix and used as ganache. Once everything is thoroughly integrated, remove the crust tins from the freezer and pour the ganache into them. It's okay if the crust isn't completely hardened when you add the ganache to it.
- Place tins back into the freezer and allow to sit for 20 minutes. If you're not serving fairly soon, the refrigerator will have the same effect without turning them icy. Once they are fully set, enjoy!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.