Mint Chocolate Chip Popsicles
- 2.666 cup 2.666 cup 2.666 cup Coconut Milk, divided
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Mint Leaves, packed
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Beef, Great Lakes brand Unflavored Gelatin
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Raw Honey
- 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp Spinach, juiced, optional for coloring
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Dark Chocolate Chips, mini
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup coconut milk and let bloom for 10 minutes.
- In a large sauce pot, combine remaining coconut milk and mint leaves.
- Bring to a light simmer and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour in bloomed gelatin and stir until dissolved completely.
- Remove from heat and let seep for 20 minutes.
- Pour honey into a large bowl.
- Pour mint and coconut through a mesh sieve in the bowl and press all liquid through with the back of a spoon.
- Mix in spinach juice and stir until honey is completely dissolved.
- Let come to room temperature then place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Stir and return to freezer for 20-40 minutes.
- Once the mixture has thickened, stir in chocolate chips then pour into molds and freeze overnight.
- When ready to serve, let the popsicles sit a room temperature for 5 minutes then remove from molds.
To make the spinach juice, I placed about 1/4 cup spinach into my juicer. This is completely optional but makes for a pretty mint green color. Also if you don't feel the pops are minty enough, you can add 1-2 drops of food grade peppermint essential oil.