These are a play on classic beignets.
Serves: 16Serves: 16
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Whisk together coconut flour, baking soda, maple sugar and sea salt to break apart any lumps.
- With a mixer, blend together coconut milk and eggs until frothy.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- For the powdered sugar, pulse maple sugar and tapioca flour together in a blender for about 20 seconds until a fine powder is formed.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt two tablespoons of coconut oil. You will fry six beignets for each two tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Once oil is hot, gently drop batter with a tablespoon cookie scoop into the oil. Only make three beignets at a time so the oil stays hot.
- Cook for a couple minutes then spoon a little of the coconut oil onto the beignets. This will help set the top for when you flip them.
- Use a fork to flip and cook for another minute.
- Cook three more beignets then add more oil.
- Continue the process of frying batter and adding coconut oil as needed.
- Serve with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
3 made this
Ready in 50 minutes
4 made this
Ready in 5 hours
4 made this
Ready in 1 hour and 20 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel