Maple Pecan Apple Crisp
- 5 whole 5 whole 5 whole Fuji Apple, peeled
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice, fresh or half a lemon
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp ground Cinnamon, for topping
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Arrowroot Flour
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Pecans, chopped
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Peel and chop apples, and add them to a large mixing bowl.
- Squeeze lemon juice over apples, and mix until coated evenly.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and arrowroot powder over apples until coated evenly.
- Add apple mixture to a baking dish.
- In the food processor, chop pecans roughly, then transfer chopped pecans to the now empty large mixing bowl.
- Add almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sea salt to the food processor and pulse until distributed evenly.
- Add palm oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add mixture from food processor to mixing bowl with chopped pecans and mix all ingredients together.
- Smooth and pat topping mix over apples, cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil, to brown top and bake 10-15 minutes until topping is a desired golden brown.
- Let it cool for 20-30 minutes, before serving.
used saigon or vietnamese cinnamon