cook:20 minutes to 15 minutes
These maple biscuits are a lovely addition to your brunch menu. Serve with butter, whipped cream, and fruit preserves. Your guests will be dancing with delight from this recipe!
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 1.5 cups 1.5 cups 1.5 cups Cassava Flour, reserve 1/2 cup
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Arrowroot Flour, reserve 1/2 cup, plus more for dusting
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Maple Sugar
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, one stick, chilled, and cubed
- 1 cup cup 1 cup cup 1 cup cup Almond Milk
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Pastured Eggs
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, 1 cup of cassava flour, 1/2 cup of the arrowroot flour, the baking powder, salt, and maple sugar.
- Add the cubed butter, and mix to combine using a pastry cutter, or your hands, until you have a crumbly dough.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the almond milk, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and gently bring the batter together with a wooden spoon.
- Add in the remaining cassava flour, and arrowroot flour one at a time, until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Dust a sheet of parchment paper with arrowroot flour, and place the ball of dough onto the sheet.
- Roll the dough out, about one inch in thickness, and cut into circles using a biscuit cutter. Place the biscuits onto your parchment lined baking sheets, repeating the process until you have used all of the dough. The last biscuit can be molded into shape with your hands.
- Bake one sheet at a time, at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until the biscuits are lightly browned on the surface.
- Remove from the oven, and transfer to a cooking rack.
- Serve immediately with butter, whipped coconut cream, or heavy cream, and fruit preserves. These do well toasted the following day.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.