Lomo Saltado (Peruvian Stir Fry)
A fusion of Chinese and Peruvian Creole styles, this stir fry will leave you wanting more. If you enjoy stir fries you will love this. An eclectic dish if ever there was one. The strong Asian influence in Peru shines through in this dish.
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Jasmine Rice
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Filet Mignon (Beef Tenderloin Steak), sliced into 1/4 inch (1 cm) strips
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Ground Fresh Black Peppercorns
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp dried Oregano
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Tamari Sauce
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 clove 3 clove 3 clove Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Red Onion, sliced into 1/4 inch (1 cm) strips
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Tomato, sliced into 1/4 inch (1 cm) strips
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Green Chilies, Long Asian-Style, Fresh, sliced into thin strips
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Pisco, or Brandy, optional
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Steam the jasmine rice by adding 1.5 cups of cold water to the cup of rice. Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and allow to simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Put aside when done, ready for serving.
- Meanwhile prepare a marinade by adding the beef, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano and 1 tbsp of the tamari sauce. Stir to combine and allow to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a wok or frying pan over medium/high heat. Add the garlic and stir fry for 1 minute. Then add the meat marinade mixture and stir fry for 1 minute. Add the onions and stir fry for a further 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and green chili and stir fry for a further minute. Add remaining 1 tbsp of tamari sauce, pisco, if using, and the white wine vinegar. Stir for a further minute and then turn off the heat.
- Serve up the rice first, add the meat mixture, season with salt and pepper and then add the parsley. Serve immediately.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.