Lemongrass Chicken Curry
Serves: 5Serves: 5
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter), or coconut oil
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Vidalia Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ginger Root, minced
- 5 cloves 5 cloves 5 cloves Garlic, sliced in half
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Thai Kitchen Green Curry Paste, heaping tablespoon
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 13.5 oz 13.5 oz 13.5 oz Coconut Milk
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Bone Broth, chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 2 2 2 Fish Sauce, 2 drops
- 1 sprig 1 sprig 1 sprig Lemongrass, one stalk
- 5 5 5 skin on Chicken Thigh, bone in, skin removed
- 3 3 3 Raw Carrot, medium size, chopped
- 1 1 1 Zucchini, medium size, chopped
- 1 1 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 head 2 head 2 head Cauliflower, grated
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a medium sized soup pot, melt 1 tablespoon of ghee over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion to the pot and saute until translucent.
- Add the minced ginger to the pot, and saute until the ginger softens. Season with 1 tsp of salt.
- Add the garlic cloves to the pot, and saute for 1 minute, then add the curry paste and red pepper flakes, and turn the burner down to medium/low heat. Stir the onion, ginger, and garlic with the curry paste to combine.
- Add the coconut milk to the pot and stir to combine, then add the chicken broth to the pot and stir to combine.
- Add one tablespoon of coconut aminos, and two drops of fish sauce, and stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- Add the lemongrass stalk to the sauce, turn the heat down to low, cover and simmer until you have the chicken ready to add.
- Remove the skin from 5 chicken thighs, and cut off any excess chicken fat to keep the sauce from being too fatty.
- Place the chicken thighs, bone side down in the pot, and turn the heat back up to medium. If the sauce is boiling, turn the heat down slightly. You want the heat up enough to cook the chicken, but not too much that the sauce will reduce.
- After the chicken has cooked for 15 minutes, flip the chicken so that it is now bone side up.
- While the chicken is cooking, saute the carrots, zucchini, and red bell pepper in a skillet over medium heat in about half a tablespoon of ghee. Season veggies with a pinch of salt.
- After the chicken has cooked in the curry sauce for 25 minutes, add the veggies to the pot, and stir to combine all ingredients. Turn the burner down to low heat, and cover but leave the lid cracked, allowing air to flow so that the sauce doesn't boil.
- Let the sauce simmer for another 20 minutes. While the sauce is simmering, you can saute the grated cauliflower in half of a tablespoon of ghee, seasoned with salt and pepper. Saute the cauliflower for about 5-7 minutes, or until it is just tender. You want to make sure you don't overcook the cauliflower, because it will then become mushy and will no longer have that "rice-like" texture.
- After the sauce cooks for the additional 20 minutes, remove the lid, and turn the heat up to medium high so that the sauce will reduce slightly.
- Once the sauce has reduced slightly (about 1/2 an inch to 1 inch reduction) and is now a bit thicker, turn the heat back down to low, and you can remove the chicken from the sauce.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken into pieces, and discard the bones.
- Add the shredded chicken back into the sauce, and stir to combine.
- To serve, plate the chicken curry over the cauliflower rice, and enjoy.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
1 made this
Ready in 20 minutes, plus 25 minutes per pound
2 made this
Ready in 1 hour and 30 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 50 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel