Lemon Pound Cake
- 2.5 cup 2.5 cup 2.5 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Coconut Flour
- 2.5 Tbsp 2.5 Tbsp 2.5 Tbsp Monk Fruit Sweetener (Norbu), (you may sub granulated stevia)
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Sea Salt
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Almond Milk
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Raw Honey
- 4 oz 4 oz 4 oz unsweetened Applesauce, (4 ounces = scant 1/2 cup)
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Organic Coconut Oil, melted and slightly cooled, you may substitute butter if you prefer
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a 8.5" loaf pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, granulated sweetener, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, honey, applesauce, oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir to combine. Then pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top into an even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the top is golden brown, then tent with foil and bake for another 30-35 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- If you'd like to glaze it, pulse 1/2 cup stevia (or Norbu or Natvia) and 1 Tablespoon tapioca flour in a food processor until fine, then add 6-8 Tablespoons of lemon juice and process until it reaches your desired consistency.
Yield: one 9" loaf cake Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the freezer (unfrosted) for up to 3 months.