Lemon Poppyseed Coconut Butter
ready in:10 minutes
Classic flavor combination in coconut butter form! Whole30 and 21 Day Sugar Detox approved if you omit the honey. Great spread on apples, paleo bread or muffins, or eaten straight from the jar!
- 2.66 cup 2.66 cup 2.66 cup shredded Coconut
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lemon zest, of 1 lemon
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lemon Juice, half a lemon
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Raw Honey, optional, omit for Whole30 or 21 DSD
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In food processor add the coconut and 2 tbsp ghee and process until liquid, scraping down the sides as you go
- Add the vanilla, zest, lemon juice, salt and honey
- Process until well combined, scraping down as you go
- Add additional tbsp of ghee if it is still a little thick
- Add poppyseeds and pulse to incorporate
- Scoop into a mason jar (I use old nut butter jars)
- Warm before eating if desired
- Eat on a spoon (how I like it), spread on apples, with baked goods, or whatever your little heart desires!
- Will keep in the fridge for at least a week but mine never lasts that long
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.