Lemon Poppyseed Coconut Butter
Classic flavor combination in coconut butter form! Whole30 and 21 Day Sugar Detox approved if you omit the honey. Great spread on apples, paleo bread or muffins, or eaten straight from the jar!
Yield: lotsYield: lots
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In food processor add the coconut and 2 tbsp ghee and process until liquid, scraping down the sides as you go
- Add the vanilla, zest, lemon juice, salt and honey
- Process until well combined, scraping down as you go
- Add additional tbsp of ghee if it is still a little thick
- Add poppyseeds and pulse to incorporate
- Scoop into a mason jar (I use old nut butter jars)
- Warm before eating if desired
- Eat on a spoon (how I like it), spread on apples, with baked goods, or whatever your little heart desires!
- Will keep in the fridge for at least a week but mine never lasts that long
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
1 made this
Ready in 30 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 20 minutes
2 made this
Ready in 5 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel