Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Serving Size: 12 muffins
- Calories: 2646
- Total Fat: 210g
- Total Carbohydrate: 218g
- Protein: 3g
Fresh lemon fills every bite of these vanilla muffins. The golden batter with tiny black freckles throughout, contains the warm, sweet flavor of vanilla, and is accented with a fresh burst of lemon. Enjoy these with a hot cup of tea.
- Preheat oven to bake at 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend coconut flour, eggs, palm shortening, maple syrup, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and lemon juice with a hand mixer.
- Stir in lemon zest and poppy seeds.
- Place muffin papers into the tray.
- Fill each muffin cup with 1/4 cup batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.