Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Fresh lemon fills every bite of these vanilla muffins. The golden batter with tiny black freckles throughout, contains the warm, sweet flavor of vanilla, and is accented with a fresh burst of lemon. Enjoy these with a hot cup of tea.
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole Pastured Eggs
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening, melted
- 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1 1 Lemon, zest
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Poppy Seeds
- Preheat oven to bake at 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend coconut flour, eggs, palm shortening, maple syrup, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and lemon juice with a hand mixer.
- Stir in lemon zest and poppy seeds.
- Place muffin papers into the tray.
- Fill each muffin cup with 1/4 cup batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.