Lemon Meltaway Balls
ready in:15 minutes
If you're a fan of lemons, these tart little Lemon Meltaway Balls are a healthy treat using clean ingredients. Adapted from the Addicted To Veggies website, they are super easy to make and fun to enjoy plain, rolled in raw cane sugar, shredded coconut or even powdered sugar.
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Almond Meal/Flour, + 1 - 2 extra tablespoons to thicken, if needed
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Lemon Juice, + 2 extra tablespoons, fresh squeezed
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Grade B Maple Syrup
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and process until well combined.
- Check the consistency and add an extra 1 - 2 tablespoons of almond flour (if needed) until they are firm enough to roll into a ball. They should be slightly sticky but roll into a ball easily.
- Take out a spoonful at a time and roll them in the palms of your hand into a ball shape.
- Leave them plain or roll in shredded coconut flakes, almond flour, raw cane sugar or powdered sugar.
- Put them in the refrigerator to firm for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Storage: Keep them stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve because they will become soft and lose their shape if left out at room temperature.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.