Lemon Garlic Roasting Chicken
- Serves: 2–4
- Calories: 105
- Total Fat: 7g
- Total Carbohydrate: 9g
- Protein: 0g
The smell of chicken roasting in the oven brings along a feeling of comfort in our home during cold winter months. This recipe, full of flavor, will also fill your home with the wonderful scent of garlic and rosemary during the cooking process.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- Thoroughly clean chicken, including the body cavity, and remove the giblets and neck.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Place in a baking dish or roasting pan, breast side up.
- Preheat oven to roast at 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, rosemary, pepper, lemon zest, and olive oil.
- Rub herb and oil mixture onto the entire chicken, including inside the body cavity.
- Cut the leftover lemon in half, and place inside the body cavity of the bird.
- Roast chicken 20–30 minutes per pound, until it has reached 170°F in the breast, and the juices run clear.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes after removing from oven.
- Carve and serve.
When garlic burns, it becomes very bitter. To avoid bitter-tasting garlic, omit the minced garlic from the rub, and place whole cloves (the more the merrier!) into the body cavity along with the fresh lemon. This will infuse the chicken with the aroma of garlic and lemon.