Lavender Scones with Blueberry Drizzle
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Tigernut Flour
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Tapioca Starch, + 3 tbs additional kept separate, + 1/2 Tbsp for the drizzle
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Lavender
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Soda
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Salt
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Water
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Raw Honey, FOR DRIZZLE
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Blueberries, FOR DRIZZLE
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Milk, FOR DRIZZLE
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, combine your all dry scone ingredients, except for the lavender, 3 tbs tapioca flour & drizzle ingredients. In a separate small bowl, combine all wet scone ingredients.
- Form a small hole in the center of your dry ingredients and carefully pour in the wet mixture. Slowly begin to stir and mix until well combined and lumb free.
- Carefully mix in the remaining tapioca flour and the lavender. Allow the batter to rest for 5 minutes.
- Dump contents onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Use a silicone spatula to shape the batter into a circle 6-8 inches in diameter.
- Place in the oven to back for 20 minutes.
- While cooking the scone, combine all blueberry drizzle ingredients in a saucepan and cook on med-low.
- Stir frequently while reducing, using the back of a spoon to mash the blueberries. Allow to reduce for about 15 minutes until well combined and thickened.
- Run the blueberry sauce through a thin mesh strainer into a small bowl to store until serving.
- Remove scones and allow to fully cool for 10-15 minutes. Once cooled, use a pizza cutter or knife to divide into 8-10 parts.
- Drizzle blueberry sauce over the scone and serve right away.
Store scones in an airtight container at room temperature and any leftover blueberry drizzle in an airtight container in the fridge.