Korean Beef and Vegetable Noodle Bowl
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Duck Fat
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Broccoli, chopped
- 1 1 1 Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Green Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 3 3 Raw Carrot, julienned
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced, loosely packed
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ginger Root, minced
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Kelp Noodles
- 1 1 1 Green Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Flank Steak, thinly sliced
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a large skillet, dutch oven, or wok, heat the duck fat over medium heat.
- Add the broccoli and bell pepper to the skillet and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrot and cabbage to the skillet and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and shiitake mushrooms, and continue to saute until mushrooms are soft.
- Pour the coconut aminos over the vegetables, season with salt and pepper, and continue to saute for 3 more minutes.
- Add the kelp noodles, and green onion, and stir to combine. Cook the kelp noodles for 3 minutes, and then transfer the vegetables into a glass bowl.
- Turn the skillet up to medium high heat, and in small batches sear the flank steak on either side for 1-2 minutes, or until browned.
- Place the cooked batches of steak into the bowl with the vegetables as they finish.
- Once you have seared all of the steak, turn the burner down to low heat, and transfer the beef and vegetables back into the skillet.
- Stir to combine all ingredients, turn the heat off, and season with a splash of toasted sesame oil if desired for flavor.
- Plate the dish, garnishing with sesame seeds and additional green onion if desired.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.