Key Lime Cheesecake with Coconut Cream Topping
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Almonds, for the crust
- 4 pieces 4 pieces 4 pieces Dates (Medjool), for the crust (large, entire date, pitted)
- 6 Tbsp 6 Tbsp 6 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, for the filling
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract, for the topping
- 0.12 tsp 0.12 tsp 0.12 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt, for the crust
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup raw Macadamia Nuts, for the filling
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Almond Milk, for the filling
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Lime Juice, for the filling
- 6 Tbsp 6 Tbsp 6 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup, for the filling
- 13.5 fl oz 13.5 fl oz 13.5 fl oz Coconut Milk, for the topping (full-fat, 13.5 oz can)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Palm Sugar, for the topping
- Prepare the crust: Put all the crust ingredients into a food processor and process until it's a sticky coarse meal.
- Prepare the crust: Scoop out 1 - 2 tablespoons and put in the bottom of the cheesecake pan and press down firmly.
- Prepare the crust: Set in the freezer to harden while you prepare the filling.
- Prepare the filling: Put all the filling ingredients into a Vitamix and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Prepare the filling: Remove the cheesecake pan from the freezer and pour the filling on top of the crust.
- Prepare the filling: Return the cheesecake pan back to the freezer for approximately 2 - 3 hours or until hard and firm.
- Prepare the topping: Refrigerate can of coconut milk overnight in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the topping: When you remove the can, there will be a layer of thick cream on the top and coconut water on the bottom. Scoop out the thick cream and put it in an electric mixer bowl.
- Prepare the topping: Add the vanilla extract and sweetener of your choice.
- Prepare the topping: Mix on high setting with the "whisk" attachment until it becomes thick.
- Assembly: Garnish the tops with homemade coconut creme, crushed walnuts, shredded coconut, lemon zest or lime wedges.
- Assembly: Remove the cheesecake from the freezer after it's hardened and set at room temperature for 5 - 10 minutes to thaw slightly, but not too long because it will become too soft if left out at room temperature.
1. If you choose to make the coconut cream topping, the can of coconut milk needs to be refrigerated overnight before using it. 2. To make a chocolate crust: add 2 tablespoons of raw cacao to the crust mixture. 2. Optional toppings: Shredded coconut flakes, crushed walnuts, cacao nibs/chocolate chips. 3. This recipe will make (4) large individual cheesecakes using a Norpro Mini-Cheesecake pan (you will have extra/leftover coconut cream which can be stored in an air-tight glass container in the refrigerator and is a perfect topping for fresh fruit).