Kale and Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- 4 cup 4 cup 4 cup Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt and Pepper, for the squash
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp dried Oregano, for the dressing
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Garlic Powder, for the squash
- 6 Tbsp 6 Tbsp 6 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided (2 TBSP for the squash, 1/4 cup for the dressing)
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Lemon Juice, for the dressing
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Lemon zest, for the dressing
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar, for the dressing
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Garlic, chopped and for the dressing
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp fresh Rosemary, for the dressing
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt, for the dressing
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Pepper, for the dressing
- 4 cup 4 cup 4 cup Kale, chopped and stems removed
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Red Cabbage, chopped
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Pecans, chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Goat Cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 400. Chop the butternut squash in to bite-size chunks and toss with seasonings and olive oil.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast for 30-35 minutes or until squash is soft and slightly caramelized.
- Put all of the dressing ingredients in a jar and whisk thoroughly or put a lid on it and shake.
- Place the chopped kale in a large bowl and drizzle about a tablespoon or two of dressing in to the bowl. Use your hands to mix and kneed in the dressing with the greens. "Massage" the leaves until tender.
- Toss the rest of the ingredients and roasted squash in the bowl and drizzle more dressing if you desire.
This can serve two as an entree dish or four as a side dish to compliment and entree.