ready in:35 minutes
Traditional Irish Boxty plus a whole paleo Irish breakfast!
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Cut 1 1/2 turnips into small chunks.
- In a small saucepan, bring two cups of water up to a boil with the turnips. Cook for 10 minutes or until turnips are fork tender.
- While turnips are boiling, shred other 1 1/2 turnips with a cheese grater. With a dish rag, squeeze out any excess liquid of the shredded turnips.
- Once boiled turnips are finished cooking, drain and add 2 tablespoons coconut milk. Blend until smooth with an immersion blender.
- Mix in shredded turnips, remaining coconut milk, egg, arrowroot, salt and pepper.
- In a flat bottom skillet, crisp 4 slices of bacon over medium heat.
- Once bacon is done, dice two slices and add to boxty batter.
- Reserve a little of the bacon fat from the skillet in a small bowl.
- With the remaining bacon fat, scoop 1/4 cup boxty batter onto hot skillet. You don't want the pancakes to be too big or they won't flip
- Cook for 7-10 minutes until patty is brown. Flip and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Add more bacon fat as needed and continue the process of frying the pancakes. Makes 10 small pancakes.
- Cook bangers for 7-10 minutes per side, covered. In banger fat, fry up eggs to your liking.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.