ready in:35 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 2
- Calories: 127
- Total Fat: 6g
- Total Carbohydrate: 16g
- Protein: 1g
Traditional Irish Boxty plus a whole paleo Irish breakfast!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Cut 1 1/2 turnips into small chunks.
- In a small saucepan, bring two cups of water up to a boil with the turnips. Cook for 10 minutes or until turnips are fork tender.
- While turnips are boiling, shred other 1 1/2 turnips with a cheese grater. With a dish rag, squeeze out any excess liquid of the shredded turnips.
- Once boiled turnips are finished cooking, drain and add 2 tablespoons coconut milk. Blend until smooth with an immersion blender.
- Mix in shredded turnips, remaining coconut milk, egg, arrowroot, salt and pepper.
- In a flat bottom skillet, crisp 4 slices of bacon over medium heat.
- Once bacon is done, dice two slices and add to boxty batter.
- Reserve a little of the bacon fat from the skillet in a small bowl.
- With the remaining bacon fat, scoop 1/4 cup boxty batter onto hot skillet. You don't want the pancakes to be too big or they won't flip
- Cook for 7-10 minutes until patty is brown. Flip and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Add more bacon fat as needed and continue the process of frying the pancakes. Makes 10 small pancakes.
- Cook bangers for 7-10 minutes per side, covered. In banger fat, fry up eggs to your liking.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.