Instant Pot Roast and Gravy using Meat and Potatoes Seasoning
This is such a comforting meal to serve, warming you and your family's bellies with delicious, rich flavors.
- 3.5 lb 3.5 lb 3.5 lb Beef Chuck Shoulder Roast
- 2.5 cups 2.5 cups 2.5 cups Carrots, (5 large carrots)
- 3 cups 3 cups 3 cups Red Skin Potatoes, (6 potatoes, cut into 1-2" cubes)
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Onion, (1 large onion, sliced into half rings)
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Garlic, (4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped)
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Beef Bone Broth
- 14 oz 14 oz 14 oz Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, (1 can)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Primal Palate Meat & Potatoes Seasoning
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Ground Fresh Black Peppercorns
- 3 pieces 3 pieces 3 pieces Bacon
- Instant Pot
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Combine the Meat & Potatoes Seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Remove chuck roast from refrigerator, rinse with cool water and pat dry.
- Liberally coat chuck roast with seasonings on all sides. Cover and set aside on the counter to allow it to come up to room temperature.
- Cook bacon in instant pot set on the ‘Saute’ function set to HIGH.
- Once bacon is cooked, remove from Instant Pot and set aside.
- Sear the chuck roast on all sides in the bacon fat until a nice dark crust develops. Remove from Instant Pot and set aside.
- Saute onions and garlic in instant pot until onions are tender.
- Add bone broth to instant pot and deglaze by scraping up any brown bits with a flat wooden spoon.
- Add canned diced tomatoes and chuck roast to Instant Pot. Seal and cook on the Meat/Stew setting on HIGH for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, release pressure on Instant Pot. Once pressure has been released, add carrots and potatoes and cook again on HIGH pressure for an additional 15 minutes.
- Release pressure and remove chuck roast, carrots and potatoes. Cover with foil to keep warm while you make the gravy.
- TO MAKE GRAVY: Blend cooking liquid including onions and any tomatoes either with an immersion blender or traditional blender. Thicken by simmering in the instant pot on saute setting until reduced by 1/3 or desired thickness. Spoon gravy over meat and veggies and enjoy!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week