Indian cauliflower crust pizza with cucumber-chilli yogurt
Exotic Indian cauliflower crust pizza with cucumber-chilli yogurt, minty lamb, red onion and pomegranate seeds. The perfect Paleo and gluten free pizza for your Friday night dinner!
- 750 gram 750 gram 750 gram Cauliflower, chopped (for the crust)
- 100 gram 100 gram 100 gram Blanched Almond Flour, (for the crust)
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Egg Whites, beaten (for the crust)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp dried Oregano, (for the crust)
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt and Pepper, (for the topping)
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Cucumber, small (for the cucumber yogurt)
- 250 gram 250 gram 250 gram Plain Greek Yogurt, (for the cucumber yogurt)
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Hot Chili Pepper, RED CHILLI, finely chopped (for the cucumber yogurt)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided (1 Tbsp for the cucumber yogurt, 2 Tbsp for the topping)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice, (for the cucumber yogurt)
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Mint Leaves, (for the topping)
- 400 gram 400 gram 400 gram Ground Lamb, (for the topping)
- 200 ml 200 ml 200 ml free range, organic Chicken Stock, or lamb stock (for the topping)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Pomegranate, seeds (for the topping)
- 0.5 pieces 0.5 pieces 0.5 pieces Red Onion, sliced (for the topping)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat oven to 200C/400 F.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and trim the stalk end, then cut into chunks.
- Chop a small amount of cauliflower in a food processor until chopped as rice. Transfer to a microwavable bowl and repeat until ending all cauliflower.
- Once the cauliflower is chopped in the bowl, cover with cling film and steam in the microwave in high temperature for 5-6 mins until softened.
- Then, transfer the cauliflower rice onto a clean tea towel and leave to cool a little.
- Once cool enough to handle, scrunch up the tea towel and squeeze as much liquid as you can out of the cauliflower, then transfer to a clean large bowl.
- Stir in the almond flour, beaten eggs, oregano and plenty of seasoning and combine well.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment and grease with oil. Mound the cauliflower mix into the centre of the tray, then place a slice of parchment paper on the mixture and using a rolling pin spread out into a 30 cm round. Make it a little thicker at the edges to create a "crust."
- Bake for 15-18 mins until golden brown and starting to crisp a little at the edges.
- Meanwhile the cauliflower crust pizza is baking, halve the cucumber lengthways, scrape out and discard the seeds, then coarsely grate the flesh.
- Place the cucumber flesh into a colander and drain for 5 minutes. Squeeze out as much moisture as you can, then transfer into a bowl.
- Add in the Greek yogurt, red chilli, olive oil, squeeze of lemon and the mint and combine. Taste and season. Set aside.
- For the topping, heat a frying pan with 2 tbsp of olive oil over a medium heat. Add the minced lamb and turn the heat up to high. Cook turning often and breaking up using a wooden spoon, until lamb is browned all over.
- Add the lamb stock and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the lamb is tender and the stock has almost evaporated. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Let it cool.
- Once the cauliflower base is cooked, remove from the oven and set aside to cool a little. Turn the oven up to 240C/475F.
- Then, spread some yogurt over the pizza base, scatter the minced lamb and return to the oven for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and remove the pizza from the oven. Then, scatter over the pomegranate seeds, arrange the slices of red onion and top with some fresh mint leaves.
- Serve with any remaining of cucumber-chilli sauce on the side.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.