Honey Masala Chai Roasted Nuts
An easy and fast recipe for delightfully crunchy, warmly spiced, and salty/sweet roasted nuts.
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup Almonds
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Pecans, halved
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp ground Cinnamon, (for the mix)
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Cardamom Seed, ground (for the mix)
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp ground Cloves, (for the mix)
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp ground Ginger, (for the mix)
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Black Pepper, (for the mix)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- n a small bowl mix together all ingredients for the masala chai spice mix. Pour the almonds and pecan halves into a large bowl and add spice mix. Add melted butter, vanilla, and stir until well coated with spice mix then add honey and stir again to coat completely.
- Spread nuts onto the parchment lined baking sheet so they are in a flat layer and place into the oven for 20 minutes stirring a couple of times throughout roasting. Sprinkle sea salt over nuts and stir once more and allow to roast for 2-3 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving or eating. (This is an important step because they get wonderfully crunchy as they cool. Plus they are really hot and if you eat one even after a few minutes out of the oven the oil inside the nut will singe your tongue off. Trust me I have personal experience.)
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.