Healthy, No-Bake Berry-nice Browines
All natural, secretly healthy, fudgey, rich, dark and delicious, brownies that are choc full of choc chips and bursting with goji berry goodness – A decadent and rich nutritional little powerhouse, no baking required!
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Almonds, raw
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Hazelnut, raw, skinless
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Dates (Medjool), about 6 large - pits removed
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Espresso Powder
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Goji Berries, roughly chopped
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place your dates in a small bowl or jug and pour over just enough boiling water so they are completely submerged. Set aside for while you get your food processor out and gather up the rest of your ingredients.
- Place your almonds and hazelnuts into your food processor and pulse until crumbly, you want there to still be a few bigger chunks to give your brownies some contrast in texture.
- Drain your dates then add them to your almond/hazelnut mix along with vanilla, cocoa powder, instant espresso and salt process until combined and a nice sticky dough forms.
- Add your chocolate chips and 3/4 of your goji berries and pulse again until just combined.
- Transfer your brownie batter into a rimmed baking dish (I used my trusty old loaf pan) and spread evenly, firmly pressing down as you go. Sprinkle over your remaining goji berries and continue to press/smooth out to the edges, pressing firmly as you go. because the batter is quite sticky I found it helpful to place a piece of non-stick/baking/parchment paper over the dough and smooth it out that way. You could also place another pan/baking dish of the same size on top and firmly press down.
- Place in the freezer for approx 20 mins to set. Once your brownies are set, remove from the baking dish and slice into delicious rich, super chocolatey, berrylicious bites size pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.