Hazelnut Caramel Clusters
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Hazelnut, for the nut layer (hand crushed)
- 8 pieces 8 pieces 8 pieces Dates (Medjool), for the caramel layer (pitted)
- 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, for the caramel layer
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp raw Maca Powder, for the caramel layer
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract, for the caramel layer
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (Rawmio), for the topping
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Goji Berries
- Prepare the hazelnuts: Using the flat surface of a butter knife, crush each hazelnut by hand into small pieces. Set aside.
- Prepare the caramel layer: Put all ingredients for the caramel (medjool dates, coconut oil, maca powder and vanilla extract) into a food processor and process until it is well combined.
- Prepare the Rawmio (chocolate hazelnut spread): Depending on the temperature when you use your Rawmio, you may have to warm it slightly to be able to spread it easily. Since it is raw, I put mine in the dehydrator at around 95 degrees just long enough to soften it so it is smooth and creamy.
- Assembly: Divide the caramel into 8 pieces, then roll into a ball shape in the palms of your hand.
- Assembly: Flatten them out in the palm of your hand into a small disk shape.
- Assembly: Press down into the crushed hazelnuts, making sure it is completely covered in hazelnuts. Fill in any empty spaces by hand.
- Assembly: With your fingers, press the hazelnuts firmly into the caramel disk to make sure they don't fall off and then put them on a piece of wax or parchment paper.
- Assembly: Put them into the freezer for approximately 15 - 30 minutes or until they have firmed up.
- Assembly: Take a small spoonful of the Rawmio chocolate hazelnut spread and put it on the top of the cluster and spread gently until the entire top is covered.
- Optional: Garnish with goji berries.
- Put back into the freezer for approximately 15 - 30 minutes or until the Rawmio has firmed up.
- Store in the freezer until you are ready to serve because they will become soft and lose their shape if left out at room temperature.
You can substitute the Rawmio for homemade chocolate hazelnut spread or your favorite brand.