Hazelnut Apple Tarts
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Hazelnut, roasted and for the crust, + 1/4 cup chopped for topping
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour, for the crust
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Soda, for the crust
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt, for the crust
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening, for the crust
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup, for the crust, + 3 Tbsp for the filling
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract, for the crust, + 2 tsp for the filling
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp unsweetened Applesauce, for the crust
- 3 lb 3 lb 3 lb organic Apple, for the filling
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice, for the filling
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie Spice, for the filling
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter), or palm shortening
- 2 oz 2 oz 2 oz Dark Chocolate, melted and for the topping
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the hazelnuts in a food processor and puree until you have a fine meal texture. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and pulse until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients and blend until the mixture starts forming a ball.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator and let chill for 15-20 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling prepare the apple filling. Peel and core the apples and slice them in to moon shaped sliver about u00bc inch thick.
- Place the apples in a large bowl with the rest of the filling ingredients and toss to combine.
- Grab a large baking sheet and cover with parchment paper. Pour the apple filling on to the pan and let them roast for 10-15 minutes or until apples have softened.
- While the apples are baking prepare the tart crust and remove the dough from the refrigerator.
- Grease 6 4.75 inch tart pans with palm shortening or coconut oil. Use about 3 tablespoons of dough and evenly press the batter on the bottom and up the sides of the tart pan.
- Bake the crust for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is starting to brown. You want the crust par baked but not completely done.
- Assemble the tarts by placing the apple slivers in a circular fashion. Continue until the entire apple filling has been divided among the six mini tarts.
- Use a pastry brush to coat the top of the tarts with melted butter, ghee or palm shortening.
- Bake the tarts for another 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle with melted chocolate and chopped hazelnuts.
- Let them cool for about 5 minutes and then serve while still warm.
These tarts are served great with ice cream while still warm!