Harissa Lamb Meatballs with Turmeric Fried Cauliflower Rice
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Lamb, (Meatballs)
- 2.75 Tbsp 2.75 Tbsp 2.75 Tbsp Harissa Paste, 2 Tbsp for the meatballs (plus 2 tsp for the meatballs)
- 3 tsp 3 tsp 3 tsp Turmeric Powder, 1 tsp for the meatballs, (plus 1 tsp for the sauce), plus 1 tsp for the Turmeric Fried Rice
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Ginger Root, (small piece, about 1 tsp, finely choppedm for the meatballs), plus another small knob, minced For the Turmeric Fried Rice
- 6 cloves 6 cloves 6 cloves Garlic, 2 cloves minced for the meatballs, (plus 2 cloves for the sauce), plus 2 cloves For the Turmeric Fried Rice
- 1 1 1 Shallot, small, minced, for the meatballs
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Tomato Sauce, Rao's brand (For the sauce)
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Garam Masala, (For the sauce)
- Sea Salt, to taste, for the sauce and also for the turmeric fried rice
- Ground Fresh Black Peppercorns, to taste, for the sauce and also for the turmeric fried rice
- Mint Leaves, to garnish
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Cauliflower Rice, For the Turmeric Fried Rice (I use Trader Joe’s frozen, or you can make by adding broccoli florets to your food processor and pulse until you get a rice consistency)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, (For the Turmeric Fried Rice)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder, (For the Turmeric Fried Rice)
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp ground Coriander, (For the Turmeric Fried Rice)
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Cumin, (For the Turmeric Fried Rice)
- 2 2 2 Green Onion, sliced, for the turmeric fried rice
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Combine all meatball ingredients together in a large bowl and mix with your hands. Form into 1.5 inch meatballs and bake on a baking sheet at 350 for about 20 minutes until fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sized pot, heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Sauté the garlic, harissa paste, turmeric and garam masala together until fragrant; add tomato sauce and allow to simmer while meatballs cook; salt and pepper to taste.
- In another pan, sauté ginger and garlic in coconut oil and add in the cauliflower rice. Season with the spices and cook until cauliflower becomes tender.
- Plate everything together and top with scallions, mint, and sea salt (like Maldon flake salt, or French Grey Salt). Enjoy!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.