Greek Village Salad
We found Greek village salad everywhere throughout the Greek Islands. Each village has its own version, using locally available ingredients. Feel free to substitute with what's in season from your local area.
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups green leaf Lettuce, mixed varieties or single
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Cilantro, leaves only
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Rocket, leaves
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Celery, chopped
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Green Bell Peppers, ribs removed, sliced horizontally
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Tomato, medium, quartered
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Cucumber, sliced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Capers, (For Garnish)
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Olives, Kalamata, stoned (For Garnish)
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Red Onion, sliced thinly (For Garnish)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp fresh Dill, roughly chopped (For Garnish)
- 6 oz 6 oz 6 oz Feta Cheese, in 1 or 2 pieces (For Garnish)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Arrange the salad ingredients in a bowl and toss. Place the garnish ingredients, except for the feta, on top of the salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients. Pour over the salad and garnish (reserving a small amount) and lightly toss. Place the feta on top and then add the reserved dressing over it.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week