Greek Lamb Roast
Imagine the aroma from your Greek-marinated lamb as it roasts in your oven or Weber BBQ. Simple and quick to prepare from everyday ingredients. Great for feeding a crowd.
- 4 lb 4 lb 4 lb Leg of Lamb
- 8 cloves 8 cloves 8 cloves Garlic, 2 cut in half lengthways, 6 crushed
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp fresh Rosemary, chopped, plus 4 small sprigs
- 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp 0.5 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Black Pepper, ground
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Lemon
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a bowl, make a marinade by combining the crushed garlic, chopped rosemary, sea salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Make 4 slits about 1 inch (3 cm) deep in the lamb leg. Push half a clove of garlic and a small sprig of rosemary deep into the slit. Place the lamb in a dish, rub the marinade over all of the lamb and then cover the dish and refrigerate overnight.
- About 45 minutes before cooking bring the lamb to room temperature. Pre-heat your oven to 350 f (180 c) or prepare your Weber BBQ ready for roasting. Place the lamb in the oven and roast for 1 hour 40 minutes. If using a Weber, follow the cooking instructions contained in the guide. Ovens vary so check the internal temperature of the lamb about 10 minutes before it is due to be removed. Remove the lamb when the temperature registers about 140 f (60 c). Loosely cover the lamb in aluminum foil. The lamb will continue to cook for a short time and should result in a medium rare to medium done roast.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week