Grass-fed Burger Salad
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Beef
- 0.25 lb 0.25 lb 0.25 lb Ground Pork, spicy
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Onion, sliced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Ground Fresh Black Peppercorns
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Kale, shredded
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup green leaf Lettuce, chopped
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Carrots, sliced
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Red Cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Sweet Potato, roasted
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Sauerkraut
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Dijon Mustard, for the dressing
- 4 tsp 4 tsp 4 tsp Tessemae's Hot Sauce / Wing Sauce, for the dressing
- Preheat a grill to 450. Combine all the burger ingredients in a bowl and thoroughly mix.
- Divide the batter in to 4 large patties. Place on the grill and cook about three minutes per a side and then use a meat thermometer to check if they are cooked to your personal preference
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a bowl and toss together.
- Divide among four large bowls or plates. Pour one tablespoon of Dijon and one teaspoon of hot sauce on the salad and top with the grilled burger.
I personally like to add sauerkraut to this salad. Farmhouse Culture has a dill one that is perfect with burgers. If you don’t have a grill I would recommend a cast iron skillet to cook the burger. You will need to increase cooking time to about five minutes a side and then temp it