Grain-Free Sandwich Bread
ready in:1 hour and 15 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 10
- Calories: 311
- Total Fat: 24g
- Total Carbohydrate: 27g
- Protein: 7g
Remember how good it was to slice freshly baked bread, spread on a little butter, and eat it while it was still warm and soft? This recipe for grain-free bread will take you back to those days, but without the wheat!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 1 3/4 cup 1 3/4 cup 1 3/4 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Chestnut Flour
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Sweet Potato Flour
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Hain brand Baking Powder
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Milk, full fat
- 4 4 4 Pastured Eggs, separated
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Grade B Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening, melted
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- Liberally grease a standard size, glass loaf pan with palm shortening.
- Trim a sheet of parchment paper to fit the length of the loaf pan, but allow for some extra on the long sides to help remove the loaf when finished. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, chestnut flour, sweet potato flour, arrowroot flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the coconut milk, egg yolks, apple cider vinegar, and pure maple syrup. Blend with a hand mixer until smooth. Add the melted palm shortening (make sure it's not too hot), and blend again until smooth.
- In a kitchen mixer, or with a hand mixer, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the batter, and then pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake on the middle rack, in the center of the oven for one hour.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool completely before attempting to remove the bread from the loaf pan.
- Slice, and serve as desired. Keep in the fridge if not using the same day as baking.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.