Grain-Free Sandwich Bread
Remember how good it was to slice freshly baked bread, spread on a little butter, and eat it while it was still warm and soft? This recipe for grain-free bread will take you back to those days, but without the wheat!
Serves: 10Serves: 10
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- Liberally grease a standard size, glass loaf pan with palm shortening.
- Trim a sheet of parchment paper to fit the length of the loaf pan, but allow for some extra on the long sides to help remove the loaf when finished. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, chestnut flour, sweet potato flour, arrowroot flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the coconut milk, egg yolks, apple cider vinegar, and pure maple syrup. Blend with a hand mixer until smooth. Add the melted palm shortening (make sure it's not too hot), and blend again until smooth.
- In a kitchen mixer, or with a hand mixer, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the batter, and then pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake on the middle rack, in the center of the oven for one hour.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool completely before attempting to remove the bread from the loaf pan.
- Slice, and serve as desired. Keep in the fridge if not using the same day as baking.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
2 made this
Ready in 1 hour
2 made this
Ready in 1 hour and 30 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel