Grain Free Donuts
These fluffy and sweet donuts are a fun treat to enjoy when you just want a donut. Try them with the chocolate ganache and lemon glaze. You and your family will never know these are grain-free!
Serves: 12Serves: 12
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, add the eggs, pure maple syrup, vanilla extract, and coconut milk. Using a hand mixer, blend ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and blend all ingredients with your hand mixer until smooth.
- Add your softened coconut oil to the batter, and blend again until all ingredients are combined evenly.
- Liberally grease your donut pan with coconut oil, and spoon about a cup of batter into a ziplock bag.
- Snip one of the corners off of the ziplock bag, and pipe the batter into the donut mold. More batter makes a fluffy donut, but you will have less total donuts. Filling the molds 3/4 full will yield about 12 donuts.
- Smooth the tops of the batter by carefully banging the donut pan on the counter, and smoothing any uneven spots with a spoon or your finger.
- Bake the donuts for 12 minutes, making sure to check then after 10 minutes. Remove donuts from oven, and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Grease donut pan again, and repeat for another batch of donuts.
- Once donuts are completely cool, dip them into your choice of frosting. It helps to have the frosting in a shallow bowl to dip to donut. Place donuts in the fridge for a few minutes to help the frostings set before serving.
- If using the lemon glaze, refrigerate donuts after dipping, then dip a second time, and refrigerate once more to allow the glaze to set.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
3 made this
Ready in 35 minutes
2 made this
Ready in 45 minutes
4 made this
Ready in 18 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel